Monday, August 10, 2009

The Leadership Summit

Had another great Leadership Summit on Aug 6-7 in Jax. I highly recommend this leadership conference for everyone. Next year the event will be on Aug 5 - 6 in Jax again. This is a great leadership development event for anyone who wants to get better at leading!

There are always so many take aways for me but here are a few.

  • God is more interested in simple obedience than great achievements or sacrifices.
  • Say yes to God every time the HS prompts you. You only have today to advance the kingdom of God. You may not get tomorrow.
  • Many people have a hard time finding Jesus in the long shadow of organized religion.

I was reminded again that God uses people like me! If I'll just allow God to work through me great things will happen! Too often I'm the problem for what doesn't get accomplished for God around me! Too often I'm in the way - and nothing else!

I was thrilled to have Tammy attend this year with me! This is the first year we've been able to attend these types of events together! It's so awesome to have the same language and a common experience on great events like this!

We all owe it to ourselves, God and others around us to get better at leading! We all have something to lead even if that something is us!

No comments:

Post a Comment