Thursday, November 5, 2009

Psalm 119

Have been reading Psalm 119 this morning. Here are some highlights for me from that passage.

vs 7 "As I learn your righteous regulations, I will thank You by living as I should!"

Vs 9 "How can a young person stay pure? By obeying Your word."

Vs 11 "I have hidden Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You."

Vs 15 "I will study Your commandments and reflect on Your ways."

Vs 18 "Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in Your instructions."

Vs 27 "Help me understand the meaning of Your commandments, and I will meditate on Your wonderful deeds."

Vs 28 "Keep me from lying to myself; give me the privilege of knowing Your instructions."

Vs 36 - 37 "Give me an eagerness for Your laws rather than a love for money! Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through Your word."

Obeying God's commands is the greatest way to live! It's the best way to thank Him for all He's done for us! Obedience is better than sacrifice!

No comments:

Post a Comment