Thursday, November 19, 2009

speaking with God

Do you ever wish God would speak to you? I do!

Listen to Hebrews 1:1 "Long ago God spoke many times and in many ways to our ancestors through the prophets. And now in these final days, He has spoken to us through His Son."

God still speaks to us - everyday - through the life of Jesus!

The bible also teaches that God speaks through His Holy Spirit. I've heard it taught that God speaks through the Holy Spirit in 4 ways:

1) the Bible
2) prayer
3) other people
4) circumstances

The message that God is speaking to us every moment of every day is: become like Jesus. Take on His thoughts, actions, attitudes, suffering, patience, love, mercy, ...

Today, God wants us to use every thing we go through to become more like Jesus.

God, may I be reminded of this today. As I'm hit with things that make we want to react in my ways, let me choose Your ways! Let me choose life! Thanks for speaking loudly to humanity through Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment